I’m a freelance journalist based in Southern New Jersey.
I’m also the editor and publisher of the South Jersey Observer.
My B.A. is in English from Rutgers University. I am also a certified teacher and hold English as a Second Language (ESL) and paralegal certificates.
As a reporter, I get to the heart of the story and my editors appreciate that I have never had a retraction nor have I ever blown a deadline.
Among the news that I was the first to report:
- The Borough of Bellmawr was sued for violations of the Open Public Meetings Act.
- The Borough of Bellmawr voted to settle that lawsuit in Executive Session.
- Twelve Mutual Housing units that are considered historical will be replaced and relocated because of a major road project.
- Royal Farms picked Bellmawr for a store location as it expands in South Jersey.
- The beatification of an historic cemetery located in Bellmawr.
- The delayed opening of a long anticipated middle school in Gloucester City.
In my hometown, I was the driving force behind implementing sports background checks and after four years, the Resolution finally passed that mandates them.
Education and local government are a few of my niches, but I also like to write about people, pets, and gardening.
I have also landed some prestigious assignments. When President Obama visited Camden, N.J., to speak on community policing, I was there. I had a place in the press pit when a local professional fisherman won a national tournament on the Delaware River. I was invited to be there when an NHL player returned to his alma mater for a jersey retirement ceremony.
Outside of my writing and reporting, I like to run and have placed a few times in my age group in a few 5K’s.
Animals, especially rabbits, hold a special place in my heart and I am three-peat foster failure.
I won first place in the Society of Professional Journalists 2016 annual writing contest in the Health and Science Category for a story I wrote about a boy with a rare disease.
Photography is one of my hobbies and I took home three first place awards in Camden County College’s “Year in the Life” Photography Contest.
To reach me for rates or assignments for freelance reporting, copywriting, and content marketing, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use my contact form.